Ok it is that TIME AGAIN!!! Each year it gets earlier and earlier, I remember registering for it back in November one time then again in October then last year in September.
The annual Heroes at Home Wish Registry gives back to the men and women who serve our country and allows those who are deployed to send their love home for the holidays. Now in its fourth year, the Wish Registry has raised more than $17 million in gift card donations from customers and associates and helped more than 83,000 military heroes and their families have happier holidays.
This YEAR: Registration is open only to individuals 17 years of age or older who are on active duty between August 30, 2012 and December 3, 2012 in the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard or Reserves.
Registration is limited to the first 20,000 eligible individuals, and ends when such number is reached or at 11:59:59 PM Central Time on August 30, 2012
Here is the link to the SEARS Registry.
Full terms and conditions and a FAQ will be posted prior to launch on the sears.com/heroesathome website.
The program distributes 100 percent of funds received back to military families across the country.
So I also have tried the AFVC which is another great perk of being in the U.S. military! There are some pretty good discounts that are available on condo rentals worldwide at very reasonable rates for military members. The kids and I are going to try a Resort in the NC Mountains, and i’ll post a review of the place where we stayed and all the things we did.
This is PRETTY Great stuff here Seven night vacation rentals of resort condos, many in the Orlando Florida area, are available from $329, that works out to just 47 Dollars per night!
AFVC also offer nightly rentals at a higher rate if you don’t need a whole week.
Armed Forces Vacation Club offers space available rentals to DoD and affiliated personnel. Condos sleep from 2 to 6 normally, sometimes more. Offerings include one or two bedrooms with full or partial kitchens. These vacation condos are located in very nice resorts with pools. You’ll save even more preparing your own meals in the kitchens!
You can search listings on their web page and view all the specifics of each resort. I’ve not used this service but I do know people who have and they’ve been very satisfied.
- Members of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependent (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy; active duty and both active and inactive reserve and National Guard)
- Foreign exchange service members on permanent duty with the DoD
- Retired Members of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependent (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy)
- Civilian employees of the DoD (appropriated, non-appropriated, or retired) or an adult dependent
- American Red Cross personnel serving overseas with the U.S. military
- DoD Dependant School teacher or an adult dependent
- Disabled American Veteran @ 100% with 2765 ID Card