So I also have tried the AFVC which is another great perk of being in the U.S. military! There are some pretty good discounts that are available on condo rentals worldwide at very reasonable rates for military members. The kids and I are going to try a Resort in the NC Mountains, and i’ll post a review of the place where we stayed and all the things we did.
This is PRETTY Great stuff here Seven night vacation rentals of resort condos, many in the Orlando Florida area, are available from $329, that works out to just 47 Dollars per night!
AFVC also offer nightly rentals at a higher rate if you don’t need a whole week.
Armed Forces Vacation Club offers space available rentals to DoD and affiliated personnel. Condos sleep from 2 to 6 normally, sometimes more. Offerings include one or two bedrooms with full or partial kitchens. These vacation condos are located in very nice resorts with pools. You’ll save even more preparing your own meals in the kitchens!
You can search listings on their web page and view all the specifics of each resort. I’ve not used this service but I do know people who have and they’ve been very satisfied.
- Members of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependent (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy; active duty and both active and inactive reserve and National Guard)
- Foreign exchange service members on permanent duty with the DoD
- Retired Members of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependent (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy)
- Civilian employees of the DoD (appropriated, non-appropriated, or retired) or an adult dependent
- American Red Cross personnel serving overseas with the U.S. military
- DoD Dependant School teacher or an adult dependent
- Disabled American Veteran @ 100% with 2765 ID Card